A Blog on Mythology and occasionally on Reality.


This is a Blog on Mythology, both Indian and World and especially the analysis of the myths.

In effect, the interpretation of the inherent Symbolism.


Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Curtains 2012



Its curtains for 2012 and I am so happy.


Usually, on the last day we turn retrospective and look back on how the year was, but I don’t intend to do that. The year 2012 wasn’t one of the best years that went by, both as an individual or as a community or as a nation. Then why look back? As they say, never follow your footsteps backwards.


So, I look forward to the New Year, 2013.


During the New Year 2013,

  • I sincerely hope that history does not repeat itself.
  • I hope we do not see an awful failure of governance in every aspect of administration
  • I hope we do not have to see such menacingly poor law and order situation
  • I hope we do not have to suffer hardships leashed out by poor Govt policies
  • I hope the economy tries to improve and look-up (just as I am trying to!)
  • I hope we see less of corruption (I am not asking for elimination of it!!)
  • I hope we see less of corrupt leaders getting away with murder and more
  • I hope we do not end up with good-for-nothing politicians all in the name of who-else-is-there-anyways
  • I hope we do not get lost from our secularist credentials
  • I hope our children and theirs do not have to search for empty spaces in the city and elsewhere
  • I hope we do not have to worry when the ladies of our homes step out for just about anything
  • I hope the self-appointed moral policemen, will open their eyes to a new age India

Personally, there is much that I look forward to and hope the year turns out good for all around me, associated with me and remotely linked to me!


I am a rank optimist and one of the firm believers of a rainbow at the end of a heavy rain. Nature hasn’t disappointed as yet by withdrawing the rainbow, so I feel quite upbeat about the year looking up.


I would like to end on a positive note in an otherwise gloomy outlook, by quoting the lyrics penned by Sahir Ludhianvi (based on his aptly titled poem, Umeed or Hope), from a 1958 Hindi film “Phir Subah Hogi” –



Woh subah kabhi to aayegi, woh subah kabhi to aayegi

In kaali sadiyon ke sar se, jab raat ka aanchal dhalkega

Jab dukh ke baadal pighalenge, jab sukh ka sagar chalkega

Jab ambar jhoom ke naachega, jab dharti naghme gayegi

Woh subah kabhi to aayegi


Jis subah ki khaatir yug yug se, hum sab mar mar kar jeete hain

Jis subah ke amrit ki boond mein, hum zahar ke pyale peete hain

In bhookhe pyase ruhon par, ek din to karam faramayegi

Woh subah kabhi to aayegi



Mana ke abhi tere mere armano ki keemat kuch bhi nahi

Mitti ka bhi hai kuch mol magar, insano ki keemat kuch bhi nahi

Insano kii izzat jab jhoothhen sikkon mein naa toli jaayegi

Woh subah kabhi to aayegi, woh subah kabhi to aayegi



If the year 2012 was characterised with a sense of hopelessness, let’s usher in 2013 with a sense of hopefulness!


Here’s wishing all of you a very .....

No comments:

Post a Comment